Meet your Academic Division colleagues and discuss some of the most important and relevant issues facing academic librarians. Discussion topics will be chosen from the following:
1.Tenure, promotion, career trajectories, and continuing professional development
2. Scholarly Communication, Open Access, Digital Repositories, Library as Publisher
3. Trends in Higher Ed: MOOCs, distance learning, blended campuses (academic + entrepreneurship)
4. Altmetrics data, h-indices, and publishing
5. Library instruction: embedded librarians, information literacy courses
6. Outreach and collaboration: on campus and beyond
7. Liaison services
8. Buildings, spaces, and places
9. Makerspaces, 3D printing, and knowledge creation
10. Assessing and communicating value
11. Core competencies for leadership
12. Data management
Whether you are seeking to develop new contacts or to connect with existing ones, bring your questions and thoughts as you build your own network of mentors, experts, and colleagues.Program Take-Aways
- Participants will connect with colleagues and reflect on practice via guided discussion.
- Participants will leave with an understanding of what membership in the Academic Division offers and of ways to get involved with the Division.